I finally got my hands on the elusive Firefly 2. Getting this vape was like searching for the holy grail, and now that I have it, it’s easy to see why this thing was on back-order for so long. If you’re looking to find one, your best bet is here(Click Here).
What’s In The Box
- The FireFly 2 Vape
- Charging Dock
- Extra Battery
- Cleaning Kit
- Concentrate Pads
- USB Cable
Having an extra battery is nice. It may be a reason the price is a bit higher, but it does come in nice. Don’t worry, changing the battery is super easy. No screws or anything like that to get to the battery. The back piece comes off quick and easy.
Do I need anything else?
Yes. You’ll want to have a smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth, so you can download the FireFly App. You can use it without the app, but if you want to change the temp(especially with wax/concentrates) you’ll need the app.
The app also allows you to check battery life.
How Big Is It?
According to FireFly it is 33% smaller than it’s predecessor. That doesn’t really mean much, especially if you’ve never seen or held the original Firefly.
To give you an idea of it’s size(length), I’ve laid it down beside an iPhone 5s.
So, How Does it Vape?
Here’s what I noticed when using the FireFly 2:
- Big hits and steady vapor. You’d be surprised at just how bad most vaporizers are. You can inhale just the right way, and you will still get barely any vapor at all. Using one makes it a hassle to vape, and the process takes forever. It’s infuriating. The FireFly 2 is different. Every hit is BIG, despite the unit’s tiny size. And hits are consistent, so you can take multiple in a row. (If you try that with other vapes, the unit can overheat.)
- Quick heat up time. Takes less than 10 seconds. Don’t believe me? Check it out in real time. The below clip is with it on the medium-high setting(default, I believe)
- Amazing flavor – never burnt. Most vapes have god-awful internal mechanisms. They use cheap parts. These cheap parts cannot maintain the correct temperature for vaporization, especially if you use the unit steadily. Your herb or concentrate overheats and releases a putrid half-smoke-half-vapor blend into your lungs. Again, the FireFly 2 is a breath of fresh air – it heats everything perfectly. Every hit is delicious, and you never risk a burnt hit that harms your lungs. Using the FireFly 2 is truly just like inhaling water vapor.
- Unbelievably efficient. Do you know how much herb or concentrate you waste by smoking? A crazy amount – and that’s even if you’re trying to be conservative. I have a high tolerance and one small bowl in the FireFly 2 gets me good, no questions asked. I’d probably need 2x-3x the amount if I were smoking. Seriously, the unit is unbelievably efficient, and it saves you a ton of money in the long run.
- Aesthetic and very lightweight. There are a lot of so-called “portable” vaporizers that are actually large, clunky, hard-to-hold, and unattractive. You can’t take them with you or use them discreetly. On the other hand, the FireFly 2 is extremely sleek and almost weightless.
- Easy to Load. The top part is magnetic, and is held together really well. This also makes it easy to stir your herbs, during a vaping session.
Let’s talk price
This is no doubt a solid and quality vape. The only issue I can see for some people will be the price. It comes in with a price tag of about $330. Which is $50 more than the Pax 2. If you’re going to order one you can’t go wrong with the folks at VapeWorld. They been around forever, and always have great deals – Check them out here.
How to decide if it’s right for you
Ask yourself these four questions.
- Is the vape going to be used by yourself or a small group? If for yourself and small groups, the FireFly 2 is perfect.
- Do you want a flawless vaping experience? If yes, grab the FireFly 2.
- Do you have $300+ to spend? If you do, trust me – it’s worth investing in an upscale vape like the FireFly 2. Each hit is much more powerful and you save money because you have to buy herb or concentrate less frequently. It’s a win-win.
- Are you looking to be discreet or stealthy? If you’re looking to be very discreet with your vaping, I’d more inclined to steer you towards the Pax 2. Not that you can’t be discreet with the Firefly 2, it’s just that Pax 2 does a slightly better in this category.
Great vape, and worth the money IF you’re vaping a lot. Easy a top 3 portable vaporizer for 2016 and 2017. It ranks up there with the Pax 2, and the Crafty/Mighty. Which one you decide on basically comes down to personally preference.